How Hotel Verde invests in our planet on Earth Day & every day ♻️
Earth Day is an annual event on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it now includes a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org including 1 billion people in more than 193 countries.
The official theme for 2022 is Invest In Our Planet — this resonates with Hotel Verde in a big way.
See, Hotel Verde is a sustainable establishment run professionally with the aim to consciously acknowledge and manage the impact of its operations on the environment and the local community. As such, we are committed on all levels to minimising our impacts on the environment and reducing our carbon footprint.
We do so by:
- Preventing pollution, reducing waste, saving water, and using as little non-renewable energy as possible.
- Ensuring practical measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, fauna, and flora.
- Minimising our environmental impact through sustainable building and operational practices.
- Embracing and increasing a resource and material-efficient ‘zero waste to landfill’ strategy.
- Ensuring effective and beneficial incident control, investigation, and reporting.
- Becoming as self-sustainable as possible, by making use of renewable energy sources where we are practically able.
- Promoting sustainable and environmental awareness among our guests, employees, suppliers, and business partners by the implementation of positive operational procedures and showcasing the importance thereof.
- Working in partnership with NGOs and the local community by behaving in an affiliated and socially responsible manner, involving members of the community in social upliftment programmes and hotel site tours.
We are happy to say that this is just the very tip of the iceberg of what we do at Hotel Verde to invest in our planet. Keep an eye on the blog in the coming weeks and months to learn more about our active energy and water systems, passive design, responsible procurement, waste management, area upliftment and more!
Also check in on our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter profiles if you would like to see what your sustainability stats look like on a monthly basis. This is how we measure our progress, and it’s great to be held accountable by responsible Earth dwellers like you.